Ever wondered what it would be like to direct a film? Well, this year REC Ya Shorts Youth Film Festival is going to give you a reason to find out – with over $40,000 worth of prizes for young Regional Australian filmmakers aged 12 to 25.
Details on how to enter at the bottom of this post.
DID SOMEONE SAY 4K?
Black Magic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
This year you will have the chance to win the 2019 model of the brand new Pocket Cinema Camera 4K (it’s not even out yet!).
This new model of Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K has an MFT lens mount, built-in microphones, mini XLR input, full sized HDMI, 3D LUT support, Bluetooth, USB-C Expansion Port and more!
It’s also got a massive 5″ touch screen – as big as your mobile phone – plus you can record directly to your external hard drive, or stream to YouTube direct from camera. It’s a game changer for young filmmakers.
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K has a 4/3 size sensor, 13 stops of dynamic range and dual native ISO up to 25,600. That means you get stunning HDR images and incredible low light performance!
KEEP FOCUSSED WITH SAMYANG
Samyang 24mm f/1.4 MFT Mount Lens
What goes with your new camera? One of eight Samyang lenses to get fantastic quality images.
- Ultra Bright f/1.4 Aperture
- 13 Elements, 12 Groups
- 4 ED and 2 Aspherical (ASP) Lens Elements
- Multi Layered Anti-Reflective UMC Coating
- Suitable for Full Frame or APS-C Censor Cameras
- 36mm Focal length (35mm Equiv.) on APS-C Format
What does this all mean? It means you can trust your lens to capture beautiful film images.
ON THE RØDE TO YOUR PREMIERE
RØDE Filmmaker Kit & VideoMic Pro Plus
(RRP $399 & $349)
Ever make a beautiful looking film that maybe didn’t sound that great? Well, you’re about to change all that. We’re awarding 8x audio packs to go along with our camera and lens kits!
Shooting on windy days and in echo-y halls just got a lot easier.
HOW TO WIN PRIZES!
1. Make a film (or multiple films) UNDER 6 MINUTES, including all credits.
Remember, if your film can tell a better story in a shorter amount of time, ie 3 minutes, then make it a 3 minute film! Less is more with a short film.
2. Include a theme about ESCAPE into your film. This could be escaping from school work, a prison escape, escaping your mind, a travel escape….the choice is yours!
3. Include a SIGN – a street sign, a spiritual sign, a signature for a record deal, sign language. Think outside the square!
SUBMISSIONS CLOSE MONDAY SEPTEMBER 24 AT MIDNIGHT